Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sacrifices

“Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORDBehold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams." 1 Samuel 15.22

The offering of material goods without obedience to God's Word does not work. What good would it be if a prostitute, for example, offers one month worth of her gain but keeps selling her body? Would the Lord God accept such an offering?


The offering is something spontaneous from the soul that expresses sincere love. But the sacrifice involves total surrender of body, soul and spirit. It sacrifices body and soul. There is no reservation on the sacrifice. Saul sacrificed the body of an animal, but did not sacrifice his will in order to do God's will.

4 comments:

  1. "...to obey is better than sacrifice"

    As I understood, obedience requires sacrifice but sacrifice may not include obedience. Some people sacrifice just to appear righteous.

    "To sacrifice for Jesus" used to be a heavy word for me, because I didn't want to be persecuted and I didn't want to leave my old life. I admit that I used to be a religious person, but deep inside I was not converted. I did financial sacrifice during the previous Campaign of Israel but I got no result. Now, I understand why...because although I sacrificed, I didn't do what God wants me to do. I kept on disobeying and doubting Him and committing sins.

    Praise God that one day I woke up. One day, I gave ears to the Word of God. One day, my blindness was removed. One day, I realized my wrong-doings. One-day I put Jesus as number one in my life and I decided to obey Him. One day, God transformed me.

    "To sacrifice for Jesus" is indeed a heavy word, it is hard to do... but I am no longer afraid of it anymore. I am now ready to sacrifice my everything for Jesus, to follow whatever He wants me to do.

    Thank you for sharing this verse Mrs. Ester, it touched me. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs.Esther : ) Thank you so much for this blog. In sacrificing it's not only the offering that get's God attention, it's a total surrender of our everything on the altar as well, because if we will not surrender and obey God's word it's nothing. God will accept our sacrifice when we obey His words and we total surrender our everything to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Ester

    Thank you for sharing this verse and message with us and truly God is looking for our total surrender of body,soul and spirit. We have to sacrifice our own will in order for God's will to be done in our lives.

    Charlotte (RSA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Ester

    You have brought new meaning to the word sacrfice for me because to say I sacrfice is a word that can be easily said but to achieve the sacrifice that bears fruit that will be everlasting is something that requires much humality because it requires a person to surrender not with words but with actions taken with their own life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments!