Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Rest on the Altar

"And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. Then He opened His mouth and taught them..." Matthew 5.1-2
The Lord Jesus used to take time to be alone with the Father when He went up the mountains, which can also be understood as the 'Altar'. And even in those precious moments, He did not refrain from doing the work He came to do. As soon as the disciples would approach Him, He began to teach them. This is the life of those who live on the Altar - even in times of rest and reflection, they serve those who need them.

2 comments:

  1. So strong and down to earth... its very true Mrs. Esther... even I as an assistant I should always be there for my people... if I was set there was for a reason.. the devil does not rest neither do I will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me think to myself how am I when trouble comes... will you settle to be defeated or keep in the faith, the faith will allow you to help others even when you go through difficulty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments!