Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Flesh vs. Spirit

"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace" Romans 8.6

To lean onto the flesh means fulfilling the desires of the heart, which is the source of misleading and prohibited feelings.
To lean onto the Spirit is to deny the feelings of the heart and practicing the discipline of faith.
The flesh hates discipline, order, justice, Bible, Law, fear of God, perseverance, Commandments, and everything else that pertains to spiritual values ​​and that are contrary to the emotions of the heart.

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Mrs.Ester,
    we should not lean to our flesh,
    We should ask God for more wisdom,to use our inteligence and the Spirit of God will come to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Dear Ester,
    I know, what a war!
    God bless you, have a lovely peaceful life!!
    big love HelenXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Ester, The bible says the heart is deceitful, I remember one of the preaching of Bishop Macedo he said we should ues our intelligent faith which is to uesd our mind and not our heart,because the heart is full of emotions and once we go with our heart there is always a problem at the end. Your massege alway help me to examine myself Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs Ester,
    The heart is very deceitful, misleading an most of all gets us into trouble why do we live on feelings in the world because we are searching for something that we will never find. I can honestly say if I was not with God i would not be able to overcome my flesh, only me and God know my story how my life was so it is only him that could stop me feeling the way I did. Without God the battle is far more worse, everyday and night I asked God to give me the strength to get through that moment, a discipline faith is definitely what it takes.

    Thank you
    Cyrena xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments!